Friday, February 8, 2013

Not green just cheap

SO I have been taking the bus now for a few months to work. Now I am not doing this to save the environment, or to make a stand for global warming. I am doing this because well I am a cheap bastard. To fill my truck up each week cost around sixty bucks, my work pays for a bus pass as part of being an employee so since taking the bus I am saving around two hundred bucks a month just in gas. Now that in it self is a good reason to take the bus, but there are a few extras one I get to take a nap on the way to work and on the way back. I have also done a lot of reading, watched a few movies and have meet some very interesting people. For anyone that is a nice way to get to work and time to get some important things done; hold on there are a few drawbacks, I know shocker. First I ride the express bus from home to downtown, it is always packed and anyone who has gotten on a bus knows there is not a lot of room. Next buses are not built for comfort. I can live with that, its really only a forty minute ride. My big issue with the bus is well lets face it SMELLS! Public buses are never known for having that new car smell. IN fact I think they come with "HOMELESS GUY SMELL" now I am not saying there is anything wrong with homeless people my heart goes out to someone who is down on their luck and having some hard times. Each day I get on these buses and say to myself WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SMELL! Lets look at the cost of what 2.35 per person and over five bucks for the any express you would think just think they could afford a few air fresheners, maybe two or three hundred air fresheners for each bus. I will keep taking the bus because well I am a cheap bastard but maybe just maybe I will spend a few extra bucks a week from what I am saving on gas and buy some air fresheners and hand them out to the bus drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment